PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody know

toby9980
09-25-2024, 03:26 AM
Hi All

I posted this a while back but probably not in the right area.

I am trying to track down a car that we believe was taken to NZ in 1966/67 by Ross Greenville. I see that a lot of you had met Ross and shared stories. Unfortunately I have only just found this information and had it been to hand a few years back im sure the answers would have been a lot easier to find.

The car is a Piper GT Sports racer that Ross was said to have taken home with him from the uk.

I see he raced for the Gemini F3 team which is where he would have been introduced to Piper as the company was formed by George Henrotte, who also ran the Gemini team.

There were 4 of these cars made and it is believed Ross had the prototype. One of the cars has been known for some time and has been restored and campaigned throughout the UK and Europe. The second has been recently found in Australia. The third was developed into a coupe and was destroyed in an accident so I think that leaves this one remaining.

Link to Piper club page.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/204945172916875/

I would love to hear if Ross ever mentioned this car or if anyone saw or knows what has become of it?

The car would have originally looked like the pics below.

Thanks for now

Toby